Speeding up Xerces SAXParser

Discussion in 'XML' started by hitectahir, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. hitectahir

    hitectahir Guest

    Hi,

    I have been using the SAXParser class of Xerces to parse some 40-60 K
    of XML on PersonalJava on an iPAQ. but it takes too much time (almost
    30-40 seconds). Can anybody tell me if there are some options that can
    be selected in Xerces which can make the parsing process faster? For
    example, i initially used

    SAXParser xml...
    xml.setReaderFactory(new StreamingCharFactory());

    but when i commented out the setReaderFactory method call, the speed
    increased by almost 33 %. Are there any other ways i can use to speed
    the thing up even more?

    Tahir.

    hitectahir, Sep 20, 2003