    on inexpensive existing software would help me a lot.

    thanks, Jennifer
    , Oct 23, 2003

  2. Arnold Shore Guest

    The following Javascript works for me. It invokes the Windows spell checker
    at the client's desktop so it has a familiar look/feel - and the price is
    right. But it DOES require Word at the desktop, so ... . Watch word
    wraps, etc.

    AS

    function jspeller() {

    var jobjWord = new ActiveXObject("Word.Application"); //
    create application object

    jobjWord.WindowState = 2;
    // minimized

    jobjWord.Visible = 0; // not visible

    var jobjDocument = jobjWord.Documents.Add( "", false, 1, true);
    // create document object

    jobjDocument.Content=document.add_form.vcomment.value; //
    assign input text content

    jobjDocument.CheckSpelling(); // perform spell check

    document.add_form.vcomment.value = jobjDocument.Content.Text; //
    assign returned value

    jobjDocument.Close (0);
    // housekeep

    jobjWord.Application.Quit (-1);