Spellcheck on outside application - newbie

Evan McPeters

Hi,

I am very new to Python so please forgive my ignorance.

I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing window
that is open in another application. I do not have access to the the API or
any other code for this application, so I was hoping that the spell checker
could simply do it's job on whatever the user's active window is.

Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start this.

Thanks in advance.

David Fisher

Evan McPeters said:
Hi,

I am very new to Python so please forgive my ignorance.

I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing
window that is open in another application. I do not have access to
the the API or any other code for this application, so I was hoping
that the spell checker could simply do it's job on whatever the
user's active window is.

Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start
this.

Thanks in advance.

Dont

Peter Hansen

Evan said:
I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing window
that is open in another application. I do not have access to the the API or
any other code for this application, so I was hoping that the spell checker
could simply do it's job on whatever the user's active window is.

Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start this.

What is this 'other application' ?

Evan McPeters

It is a database application that has an area for word processing in it.
That is the area that I want to spellcheck.

Thanks.