    Or do they know of anything similar?

    I have searched the web and the closest that I could find was very
    complex and difficult for a beginner to modify.
    bob, Mar 1, 2005

  2. bob wrote:
    > SPI on PCs parallel port
    > Hi I have Visual C++ 6.0, but have only wrote some simple code
    > examples from a beginner's book.
    > I would like to read an SPI device but using my PCs Parallel port.

    Controlling hardware (reading the parallel port is included) is not
    defined in C++ language. You need to post your question to a newsgroup
    for your OS or your compiler, since that functionality is OS-specific
    and libraries are probably compiler-specific as well.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 1, 2005

  3. bob

    bob Guest

    os = windows 98 or xp
    compiles = Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
    I looked for a better newsgroop but domt see a spacific one.
    Do you have a group recomendation?

    bob, Mar 1, 2005
  4. bob wrote:
    > os = windows 98 or xp
    > compiles = Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
    > I looked for a better newsgroop but domt see a spacific one.
    > Do you have a group recomendation?

    I have several recommendations, of which the first one is not to top-post.

    There are several newsgroups I consider relevant. Let's begin with
    microsoft.public.vc.language, that's for the compiler-specific stuff.
    Next, comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, that's for OS-specific. Also,
    take a look at http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/, which is the
    de-facto FAQ for this newsgroup, it should help you find your answers
    without posting (and waiting associated with it).

    If your newsserver does not carry microsoft.public.* hierarchy, connect
    to 'msnews.microsoft.com', it's free, and look around there.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 1, 2005