    Ridiculous! Anyway, is there a way that I can automate someway of collecting
    data from their site? I would need UPC codes, descriptions etc.

    thanks

    shank, Feb 26, 2004

  2. shank

    Atrax Guest

    I wouldn't even consider ASP for a 'spider' - unless you mean just
    hitting ONE page and getting back the data from it. A spider generally
    runs for a long long time, something which ASP is NOT good at.

    hitting a page once is easy, though - there's an article in the ASP
    section of my site on it using either XMLHTTP or ASPHTTP

    Atrax. MVP, IIS
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

    newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/

    Atrax, Feb 26, 2004