spindly display failure

Roedy Green

Something puzzling happened. One of my applets, CurrCon,
http://mindprod.com/applet/currcon.html which does not use a layout
manager, on Opera and Firefox stopped working in that
it displayed perhaps only 1 in 8 of the pixels. You saw just a ghost
of what was supported to be there. I was using Dialog font.
Oddly Chrome worked fine, as did running the Applet inside the
Intellij Idea IDE. On rebooting, the problem went away, though I have
seen it sporadically over the last week or so.

I have reinstalled the 32-bit JRE.

The console shows no errors or exceptions.

I wondered if anyone had some ideas on tracking this down. I have a
virus check running now.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com