spindly display failure

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, May 29, 2011.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Something puzzling happened. One of my applets, CurrCon,
    http://mindprod.com/applet/currcon.html which does not use a layout
    manager, on Opera and Firefox stopped working in that
    it displayed perhaps only 1 in 8 of the pixels. You saw just a ghost
    of what was supported to be there. I was using Dialog font.
    Oddly Chrome worked fine, as did running the Applet inside the
    Intellij Idea IDE. On rebooting, the problem went away, though I have
    seen it sporadically over the last week or so.

    I have reinstalled the 32-bit JRE.

    The console shows no errors or exceptions.

    I wondered if anyone had some ideas on tracking this down. I have a
    virus check running now.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com