splinter web browser simulator causing constant BSODs

matt.topolinski

Hello,

I'm trying to torubleshoot this issue for a user I support. He is running the splinter web browser simulator trough Google Chrome, and it appears to be causing his workstation to constantly BSOD.

His machine has the following hardware:

Dual Xeon E5-2637 Processors
NVIDIA Quadro 600 - connected to 3 24" LCDs via displayport
24GB DDR3 ECC RAM
Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB Data Drive
Crucial 512GB SSD CT5-CT512M4SSD1 Boot drive
Windows 7 x64 Enterprise

We have experienced absolutely no BSODs when troubleshooting this machine ourselves, however we're obviously not running the software he uses. We've swapped out the motherboard and the video card, as the BSODs "suggest" an issue related to the PCI bus. I think this script is somehow causing his display driver to crash, or maybe the dual CPUs is an issue, but I don't know much about Python.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Kev Dwyer

[...]

You might be better off asking at the splinter user list on Google Groups
(https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/splinter-users).

I expect they might like to see some sopecifics on the BSOD too.

Cheers,

Kev

RomeoFarnh