Split IE window into two independent layers

Zhiguo

Hi, my friends,

In a standalone .js application, I have created an IE window.
Now I want to split the IE window into two independent layers:
(1) These two layers are both the same size as the IE window and
completely overlap with each other.
(2) The top layer is half transparent, and the bottom layer can be
seen.
(3) User can operate on the top layer, and the top layer controls the
bottom layer.
(4) The bottom layer may load web pages, while the top layer shouldn't
be influenced.

Is it possible to do that? And how?

Thanks in advance! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

wilq

Hi, my friends,

In a standalone .js application, I have created an IE window.
Now I want to split  the IE window into two independent layers:
(1) These two layers are both the same size as the IE window and
completely overlap with each other.
(2) The top layer is half transparent, and the bottom layer can be
seen.
(3) User can operate on the top layer, and the top layer controls the
bottom layer.
(4) The bottom layer may load web pages, while the top layer shouldn't
be influenced.

Is it possible to do that? And how?

Thanks in advance! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

For me sounds like you want to hack something haha...

Generally you could use for that IFrames, but it is easy to prevent by
script like this: http://bignosebird.com/js/h43.shtml

As long as you own all pages that you program - what you would like to
have is possible, otherwise no.

Zhiguo

Thanks!

I promise I am not doing evil.
User operates on the top layer, and monitors the progress in the
bottom layer.
It is intended to ease the post of blogs.