Split string (then) Convert string into Integer

news

Hello All;

I have a string from my database in the form of
768x1024 (This is an example, the numbers vary depending on the size of the
image)

What I am needing to do is the following.
I need to split the number from the X
768
1024

Then make them into Int
So I can use them like so:

<%if VarNum>768 then%>Image has been Resized<%end if%>

Any help on this would be greately appreciated.
Thank You

Wayne
www.picdrive.net

Dan

news said:
Hello All;

I have a string from my database in the form of
768x1024 (This is an example, the numbers vary depending on the size of
the image)

What I am needing to do is the following.
I need to split the number from the X
768
1024

Then make them into Int
So I can use them like so:

<%if VarNum>768 then%>Image has been Resized<%end if%>

Any help on this would be greately appreciated.
Thank You

Wayne
www.picdrive.net

myString = "768x1024"

arValues = Split(myString,"x")

If CInt(arValues(0)) > 768 then ...

arValues(0) will contain 768, arValues(1) will contain 1024.

news

Thank you Dan.

<%
getSize = 600
myString = "768x1024"
arValues = Split(myString,"x")
If CInt(arValues(0)) > getSize then
'arValues(0) will contain 768, arValues(1) will contain 1024.
response.Write"Image has been resized"
else
response.Write"View Image"
end if