Splitting app into two apps

erdos

I am adding a new domain to my site and need to take aspx pages that
were in a sub folder and add them to the new site. My old site and
the new one will be in sub folders off of the root. So the two sites
will only be seperated by a folder. The old site is the company
website and the new one is a web app. How can I keep sessions in
synch between the two sites? Also, how do I make calls from
company.DLL to webapp.DLL. I don't want to loose ease of
communication I have now by using only one app.

Would keeping the webapp in its current sub folder off of the company
site work better? In other words:

root/companysite/theapp

vs.

root/theapp
root/companysite

Thanks.

Guest

I am adding a new domain to my site and need to take aspx pages that
were in a sub folder and add them to the new site. My old site and
the new one will be in sub folders off of the root. So the two sites
will only be seperated by a folder. The old site is the company
website and the new one is a web app. How can I keep sessions in
synch between the two sites? Also, how do I make calls from
company.DLL to webapp.DLL. I don't want to loose ease of
communication I have now by using only one app.

Would keeping the webapp in its current sub folder off of the company
site work better? In other words:

root/companysite/theapp

vs.

root/theapp
root/companysite

Thanks.

If you separated the sites you have to think how to share sessions
across the sites. You can either use a single database and write the
session information into the one table, or consider XML for that
purpose.

erdos

If you separated the sites you have to think how to share sessions
across the sites. You can either use a single database and write the
session information into the one table, or consider XML for that
purpose.- Hide quoted text -

How does XML help?

The hosting provider is saying it has to be done this way. A domain
can't point to a folder without it being an app. Would I do better
just to keep the second domain pointing to a sub folder or put it into
the root folder?

Thanks.