Splitting multiple tiffs into single pages

amitavabardhan

How Can I extract multiple tiff images into single images through asp
programming?
Is there any free dll's that I can use in ASP to split multiple tiffs into
single tiffs?

Any suggestion regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.....

Roland Hall

in message
: How Can I extract multiple tiff images into single images through asp
: programming?
: Is there any free dll's that I can use in ASP to split multiple tiffs into
: single tiffs?
:
: Any suggestion regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.....

Your message contradicts itself. Splitting something creates multiples, not
singles. Combining multiples creates a single.

Do you have multiple images that you would like to be one or one that you
would like to be many?
How would you define the split, if not combining, meaning split by length,
height, squares, rectangles, etc.?
And, how is the applied to your application. What is your current situation
and what is your goal?

Ex. I have a large tiff image that I would like to break into smaller
images so they page can render the images as it loads.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

amitavabardhan

Hello Roland,

I am sorry for the confusion...what I meant was extracting single page tiff
images from multi-page tiffs.
I would like to create an application that can automate the extracting of
the single page tiff images from multi page tiffs.

Hope that helps...

Roland Hall

in message
: I am sorry for the confusion...what I meant was extracting single page
tiff
: images from multi-page tiffs.
: I would like to create an application that can automate the extracting of
: the single page tiff images from multi page tiffs.

I remember discussing this with someone a long time ago. I'll have to see
if I can find that discussion.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Tom B

I ended up using some .Net code (C#) to do it, because it was relatively
easy.

I found the quality wasn't perfect, but it was close enough (my original
tiff's were faxes)

Let me know if you want me to post the code I have.
Tom B

Roland Hall

in message
: Roland, looking forward to your inputs

After reading Tom's response, I remembered what that discussion was and it
was related to faxing and nothing to do with ASP. I did find something that
looks promising which also have a command-line version called nconvert.
It's free for non-commercial use.

http://www.xnview.com./

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

amitavabardhan

Tom,

Unfortunately I will not be able to use your code because we do not have
..net set up in our office...We work only in the classical asp.

Thanks for all the help....

Roland Hall

in message
: Thanks Roland...At least I have something to explore!

Good luck with it. I'd be interested in knowing how it works out.