    Is there any free dll's that I can use in ASP to split multiple tiffs into
    single tiffs?

    Any suggestion regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.....

    amitavabardhan, May 18, 2005

  2. amitavabardhan

    Roland Hall Guest

    "amitavabardhan" wrote in message
    news:...
    : How Can I extract multiple tiff images into single images through asp
    : programming?
    : Is there any free dll's that I can use in ASP to split multiple tiffs into
    : single tiffs?
    :
    : Any suggestion regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.....

    Your message contradicts itself. Splitting something creates multiples, not
    singles. Combining multiples creates a single.

    Do you have multiple images that you would like to be one or one that you
    would like to be many?
    How would you define the split, if not combining, meaning split by length,
    height, squares, rectangles, etc.?
    And, how is the applied to your application. What is your current situation
    and what is your goal?

    Ex. I have a large tiff image that I would like to break into smaller
    images so they page can render the images as it loads.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, May 18, 2005

  3. Hello Roland,

    I am sorry for the confusion...what I meant was extracting single page tiff
    images from multi-page tiffs.
    I would like to create an application that can automate the extracting of
    the single page tiff images from multi page tiffs.

    Hope that helps...

    amitavabardhan, May 19, 2005
  4. amitavabardhan

    : I am sorry for the confusion...what I meant was extracting single page
    tiff
    : images from multi-page tiffs.
    : I would like to create an application that can automate the extracting of
    : the single page tiff images from multi page tiffs.

    I remember discussing this with someone a long time ago. I'll have to see
    if I can find that discussion.

    Roland Hall, May 20, 2005
  5. Roland, looking forward to your inputs

    amitavabardhan, May 20, 2005
  6. amitavabardhan

    Tom B Guest

    I ended up using some .Net code (C#) to do it, because it was relatively
    easy.

    I found the quality wasn't perfect, but it was close enough (my original
    tiff's were faxes)

    Let me know if you want me to post the code I have.
    Tom B

    > Roland, looking forward to your inputs
    >
    > "Roland Hall" wrote:
    >
    > > "amitavabardhan" wrote in message
    > > : I am sorry for the confusion...what I meant was extracting single page
    > > tiff
    > > : images from multi-page tiffs.
    > > : I would like to create an application that can automate the extracting

    of
    > > : the single page tiff images from multi page tiffs.
    > >
    > > I remember discussing this with someone a long time ago. I'll have to

    see
    > > if I can find that discussion.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Roland Hall
    > > /* This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

    but
    > > without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of

    merchantability

    Tom B, May 20, 2005
  7. amitavabardhan

    : Roland, looking forward to your inputs

    After reading Tom's response, I remembered what that discussion was and it
    was related to faxing and nothing to do with ASP. I did find something that
    looks promising which also have a command-line version called nconvert.
    It's free for non-commercial use.

    http://www.xnview.com./

    Roland Hall, May 21, 2005
  8. Tom,

    Unfortunately I will not be able to use your code because we do not have
    ..net set up in our office...We work only in the classical asp.

    Thanks for all the help....

    amitavabardhan, May 23, 2005
  9. Thanks Roland...At least I have something to explore!

    amitavabardhan, May 23, 2005
  10. amitavabardhan

    : Thanks Roland...At least I have something to explore!

    Good luck with it. I'd be interested in knowing how it works out.

    Roland Hall, May 23, 2005