Spoiler alert? (Re: Programming puzzle with boolean circuits)

John Ladasky

It has been ages since I've thought about logic gates, but...

(Spoiler alert? I'm not sure...)

Joel Goldstick

It has been ages since I've thought about logic gates, but...

My thought is that with two NOT logic gates, you can only build a
flip-flop memory circuit. That strongly suggests to me that a memory
circuit would actually be used to solve the problem somehow.

Two NOT gates plus as many AND and OR gates as you need.

I'm thinking that feedback loops would have to be involved, no matter what
the solution is. A need for feedback loops would make it very hard to
write code to look for the solution automatically. The dimensionality of
the search space will be high.