    Please Help

    Thanks

    Travis
    =?Utf-8?B?VHJhdmlz?=, Jan 20, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VHJhdmlz?=

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    As a first step, check the connection between both machines. If it can't
    talk to the state server process it will throw this error. A clever way to
    work out if this is a connection issue is to run the state server locally
    and monitor for the issue. It shouldn't occur locally.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    "Travis" <> wrote in message

    > I have state server running on my webserver. It works fine MOST of the

    time,
    > but frequently I get this error while it is running:
    >
    > Error Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session

    state
    > server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that

    the
    > client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote

    machine,
    > please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters

    Alvin Bruney, Jan 24, 2004