Sporadic ASP.NET State Server Errors

Guest

I have state server running on my webserver. It works fine MOST of the time
but frequently I get this error while it is running

Error Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session stat
server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that th
client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine
please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value o
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameter
\AllowRemoteConnection

Any clue what could be causing this? I have checked the event logs an
cannot find anything

I know that the State Server is running and it is the correct port.

Please Help

Thanks

Travis

Alvin Bruney

As a first step, check the connection between both machines. If it can't
talk to the state server process it will throw this error. A clever way to
work out if this is a connection issue is to run the state server locally
and monitor for the issue. It shouldn't occur locally.