    resident of the "Website" folder is most certainly website related.

    Thanks in advance,

    Joseph
    Joseph Taylor, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Joseph Taylor

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Joseph Taylor <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to both Perl and the Mac. Is it possible to use Perl to
    > automate the task of adding spotlight comments to all my files?
    >
    > What I'm aiming towards is a simple script that cycles through all the
    > directories and child directories of a folder of my choosing, appending
    > to the spotlight comments the name of all parent directories.
    >
    > This would help make my searches more accurate, in as much as a
    > resident of the "Website" folder is most certainly website related.

    AppleScript (much as I dislike that "language") is a more likely
    candidate than Perl for that task. When it comes to interfacing with
    OSX you'll have to go through a small AppleScript even from Perl,
    so why not do it all in AppleScript?

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Joseph Taylor

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <dlcq9c$jk3$-Berlin.DE>, Anno Siegel
    <-berlin.de> wrote:

    > Joseph Taylor <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > > What I'm aiming towards is a simple script that cycles through all the
    > > directories and child directories of a folder of my choosing, appending
    > > to the spotlight comments the name of all parent directories.

    > AppleScript (much as I dislike that "language") is a more likely
    > candidate than Perl for that task. When it comes to interfacing with
    > OSX you'll have to go through a small AppleScript even from Perl,

    Well, you might have to go through OSA, but that doesn't mean
    you have to go through AppleScript.

    Check the Mac:: modules on CPAN to see which may apply :)

    --
    brian d foy,
    Subscribe to The Perl Review: http://www.theperlreview.com
    brian d foy, Nov 15, 2005