    The thing is I don`t know how to make the controller for the parallel
    port in order to do the mentioned things above.
    Pleas help me in some way if possible and write me for more details.
    2door, Apr 12, 2006

  2. 2door

    Guest

    Look up state machines in your textbook. This is an ideal application
    for a state machine. To properly design the state machine you must
    define in detail what must happen for the data transfer including what
    to do when the logic sees ACK or ERROR. You mentioned a strobe, but
    from your description it sounds more like a signal that is requesting
    to send data. If it were a strobe you would probably have the data
    already on the output and then strobe it in.

    This would probably not be a very complex state machine, but it is a
    good problem for you because it is much more realistic that many of the
    homework problems presented on this forum. When you have made a start
    on working it out and if you are still having problems let us know what
    you have done and what the problem is. Remember, the first step is a
    detailed description of the data transfer process.

    Charles
    , Apr 12, 2006