spring framework versus struts framework

jrefactors

I want to make sure I understand the differences between Spring
application framework and Struts web application framework. They are
used together with different objectives.

Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
should use Spring and Struts together, so that it can take advantage of
MVC design pattern completely.

please advise. thanks!!