Spring Python 0.6.0 has been released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Goldfish, Sep 5, 2008.

  1. Goldfish

    Goldfish Guest

    Spring Python 0.6.0, the python offshoot of the Spring framework and
    Spring Security, has been released (http://
    springpython.webfactional.com).

    See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=184275&package_id=214366&release_id=624328
    for more details. BTW, if you click on the release notes link, there
    is a report
    pulled from JIRA (our new bug tracking software) showing the issues.
    For more details,
    you have to create an account at jira.springframework.org, and then
    surf to Spring
    Python. There, you can see it all nicely bundled at
    http://jira.springframework.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10270&fixfor=11085.

    Spring Python is moving forward in tremendous ways! Working with the
    build team
    in England, we have gotten things integrated with a continuous
    integration server.
    See http://build.springframework.org/browse/EXT, and then surf into
    the Spring Python
    parts to see our results. This is great! Just check out
    http://build.springframework.org/browse/EXT-PYQUICK-19
    for archived sample of the success of this project. If you look
    closely, you may
    notice that MySQL and PostGreSQL test cases have been commented out.
    That is because
    we don't have support for those RDBMS's on CI at this point in time.
    Don't
    be alarmed. I have run tests with and without thos test suites, and
    the difference
    in code coverage is 85% vs. 83%. Hopefully, in the future, we can get
    an integration
    environment that includes those tests as well.

    This project focuses on quality. That is why I started this project
    using TDD practices
    and intend to proceed in this fashion. By integrating with CI, we now
    have true
    visibility into this. Another goal is to get code coverage metrics
    captured. Tools
    have been updated and show a measurement of 83% at this point in time.
    I don't
    know the industry average, but I'm willing to bet it is way below
    that. I am
    personally test infected, and I want to see the number higher.

    The next immediate thing is to update Spring Python to support
    CherryPy 3.1. We
    are way behind and need to catch up. I have been working with Sylvain,
    author of
    "CherryPy Essentials: Rapid Python Web Application Development", and
    we
    are close to getting PetClinic and all the supporting components of
    Spring Python
    working. This is exciting because integrating with 3rd party web
    frameworks opens
    doors for Spring Python.

    Have any ideas of where you think Spring Python can go? Send me a
    message here,
    or start a new topic on our forum at http://forum.springframework.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45.
    Goldfish, Sep 5, 2008