Spring: Setting a bean's properties separate from initialisation

Discussion in 'Java' started by laura.paterson@gmail.com, Apr 20, 2006.

    I am working on an application where the Spring applicationContext.xml
    has been broken into many separate files, to reflect the modular,
    pluggable architecture of the app.

    I am currently implementing a cross-cutting concern - which I have
    defined in a separate applicationContext.xml file. My problem is that
    the cross cutting concern needs to know about some properties that are
    defined by the application code. I don't want the cross-cutting xml to
    change for each application that uses it.

    How can I implement this so that the application specific
    applicationContext.xml file can specify a property defined by the
    cross-cutting applicationContext.xml?

    Many thanks,
    - Laura

    , Apr 20, 2006