Spring: Setting a bean's properties separate from initialisation

laura.paterson

Hi,

I am working on an application where the Spring applicationContext.xml
has been broken into many separate files, to reflect the modular,
pluggable architecture of the app.

I am currently implementing a cross-cutting concern - which I have
defined in a separate applicationContext.xml file. My problem is that
the cross cutting concern needs to know about some properties that are
defined by the application code. I don't want the cross-cutting xml to
change for each application that uses it.

How can I implement this so that the application specific
applicationContext.xml file can specify a property defined by the
cross-cutting applicationContext.xml?

Many thanks,
- Laura