    thanks
    Josh

    , Nov 20, 2006

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone done performance testing with an application using Spring
    > Webflow. We are finding some serious performance issues. We are only on
    > RC3 and need to upgrade to Release 1 so we are hoping that will fix the
    > issues. However it would be nice to know if others have had other
    > similar performance issues and whether upgrading got around the
    > problem.
    >
    > thanks
    > Josh

    First, are you sure it is the Spring Webflow causing the issues? I
    would suggest using a profiler to find out where most of your
    bottleneck is. I've been using EJP <http://ejp.sourceforge.net/> for
    a project at home because its free, and it helped me speed up my
    project by 60%. I found out that while there was some slowdown where I
    anticipated, the true slowdown was somewhere else entirely (and it was
    a lot easier to fix).

    Although EJP has been helpful, it has some performance issues itself,
    so you might try it out, and if it doesn't work for you, get try a
    different profiler.

    In any case, we use Spring at my work extensively, and performance
    hasn't been an issue, although I suppose it depends on a lot of
    factors, such as servlet container, rendering technology (JSP, JSF,
    etc...), database layer, etc... All the more reasons to use a
    profile-before-assume approach.

    Hope this helps, and good luck finding your answer.

    - Daniel.

    Daniel Pitts, Nov 20, 2006