Sprint on Stackless Python March 10-14 in Berlin

Discussion in 'Python' started by Christian Tismer, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. As already announced, the

    *** ***
    *** S t a c k l e s s S p r i n t ***
    *** ***

    has now a settled date:
    It will take place in Berlin, March 10-14 2004.

    We will have a room in the Free University of Berlin
    in Berlin-Dahlem. Address and room will be announced,
    soon.

    How to attend?
    See bottom of this message.

    Contents?
    Well, there is a lot possible.

    Current topics which come into mind are

    * autoscheduling
    * scheduling object
    * brain storming!
    * Zope Wiki and Documentation
    * making channels really stackless
    * demo applications
    * more regression tests
    * real zope apps?
    * refactoring Stackless: simpler and configurable
    * create a Stackless tutorial
    * minimalist Stackless Python with no hardware dependency
    * assembly-free Stackless with setjmp/longjmp
    * spreading the internals between developers

    but this is completely open for discussion.

    Level?
    Well, it will be a bit simpler than the pypy-sprints,
    which I think are very difficult, but Stackless
    has its built-in difficulties by nature.

    Usability?
    This is by far, now and forever, the best possible way
    to learn about Stackless Python and to become a core
    developer. But no guarantee possible :)

    Payback?
    Well, it is intended that Stackless Python should
    be developed further. If you are using or planning to
    use Stackless for your products, you are highly encouraged
    to support Stackless Python by money and by submitting
    your best developers, regardless how painfully they are
    going to be missed by the company.

    Coaching?
    Yes, it is probable and whished, that Stackless Python
    will become a topic for training and coaching.
    First of all, we will try to leverage our knowledge.

    Fun?
    Guaranteed.

    Schedule
    --------
    There is no particular schedule, yet, but for the first day.
    I am planning to give a talk on Stackless technology, and
    to be available for questions and discussion during the
    whole first day.
    Attendees with small or no knowledge about Stackless Python
    are strongly encouraged to join that session.

    Accomodation

    By subscribing, you state that you want to come to the sprint.
    We have only limited reources left and can take only a few.

    -------

    I hereby wish to thank *Dirk Pape* and *Christoph v. Stuckrad*
    from FU Berlin for making this event possible!

    cheers - chris

    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's

    Christian Tismer, Feb 27, 2004