SPWM using vhdl

Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
One way that I've used in the past is to generate a look up table of sine values, and then you need to cycle through it on your output. 256 values will give you better resolution than you will realize. Then step through the look up table with a 16-bit counter and you will be able to achieve many different frequencies (LUT is connected to the counter MSBs).

John

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
PPM vs PWM

Hi

An alternative to PWM could be PPM - the sinus values could come from a ROM and the feed into the PPM generator.
A simulation would look this:
sinusg23.jpg

More information can be found here:
http://www.jjmk.dk/MMMI/Lessons/11_Curveforms/SinusVer2/sinusgenerator_version_2.htm
Your welcome

Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
can u give me the test bench code for this program above??please.
also i need one more code.once the motor starts running at a speed we enter. this speed will be detected by a sensor.again i need the vhdl code to compare the signals n generate the error n to adjust the sine wave again in order to make the motor run at the correct speed.basically i need the vhdl code for the feedback system.please help.