spyce hangs on 'file not found'

Nowan

Hi,

I'm running

Win 2K Pro
Apache 1.3 (IBM version, starting manually, not a service)
Spyce 1.3.11 (latest version)
Python 2.2.2 (ActiveState)

Everything installed as an administrator.

Brand new to both Python and Spyce, got some python CGIs working, and
the Spyce examples.

Altered httpd.conf to so Spyce would handle entire contents of
/template/ directory. (Spyce's standard config is to handle based on
file extension. Want my templates to have an. html extension for ease
of use with other tools.)

Works fine, except when I attempt to read a nonexistent file. In other
words, I go after /template/stuff.html but stuff.html doesn't exist.

Ordinary CGIs work correctly, meaning Apache correctly handles a 'file
not found'

Spyce works differently. The browser hangs. My CPU utilization goes to
100% and I get a runaway python process I can't kill, even as administrator.

Any suggestions? A python bug or a spyce bug? Reading the source for
either is way beyond my level now? Known problem? Workaround?

Anyone know how I can kill the runaway python process?

thanks

Nowan

Works fine, except when I attempt to read a nonexistent file. In other
words, I go after /template/stuff.html but stuff.html doesn't exist.

Ordinary CGIs work correctly, meaning Apache correctly handles a 'file
not found'

Spyce works differently. The browser hangs. My CPU utilization goes to
100% and I get a runaway python process I can't kill, even as
administrator.

Any suggestions? A python bug or a spyce bug? Reading the source for
either is way beyond my level now? Known problem? Workaround?

Anyone know how I can kill the runaway python process?
Still looking at this. I see from the spyce doc that spyce has special
error codes spyceNotFound, spyceError and spyceForbidden, which
obviously correspond to the Apache NotFound, SystemError and Forbidden
error codes, (404, 500, etc).

Perhaps I need to configure something to trap spyceNotFound, so that it
doesn't go into an hung state?

Does anybody use Spyce?