SQL 2000 Membership Provider

gMaster

Hi
I have a strange problem that I've been search for an answer for the past
few hours without a solution. I try to setup my existing database on SQL2000
as the default provider for membership/role etc in ASP .NET 2.0

I'v done the aspnet_regsql.exe on my database, and it worked fine, with all
the tables created. I also added the SQL login to the database roles that
created by the aspnet_regsql.exe.

The connection string is good, because it works fine with ADO .NET objects.
My problem is when I goto WAT -> Provider -> Select a different provider for
each feature (advanced) TAB

I have my custom provider name listed, but there are no "TEST" link next to
it. The work Test doesn't even come up.

Anyone know why its the case? I'm really out of ideas on what is wrong.

my web.config file is as follow

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
<configSections>
<section name="dataConfiguration"
type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings,
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null"/>
</configSections>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="DBConnectionName" connectionString="data
source=dbserver;Initial Catalog=dbname;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=xxxx;PWD=xxxx;User Instance=false;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
<dataConfiguration defaultDatabase="DBConnectionName"/>
<system.web>
<roleManager enabled="true" />
<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="System.Configuration.Install, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="System.Data.OracleClient, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>
</compilation>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="opinionated"
loginUrl="Login.aspx"
timeout="20"
slidingExpiration="true"
cookieless="AutoDetect"
protection="All"
requireSSL="false"
enableCrossAppRedirects="false"
defaultUrl="~/Default.aspx"
path="/"/>
</authentication>
<membership defaultProvider="SQL_Member_Provider">
<providers>
<clear />
<add connectionStringName="DBConnectionName"
applicationName="MyApplication"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
requiresUniqueEmail="true"
name="SQL_Member_Provider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
</providers>
</membership>
</system.web>
</configuration>