SQL connection on a web service

Andrea

I'm building my first webservice and I've some doubt about the life's
cycle.
Teorically a webservice is consumed and dead just after it has released
the information for which it has been built.

So, because I've to use the webservice like a bridge to store sql info
on a SQL Server table, how can I make sql connection persistent?
Just to avoid sql connection create and destroy process every time.

Thanks
Andrea

Saverio Tedeschi

Hi Andrea.
if you need a persistent connection, how about a replication scenario
instead of Web svc?
On the other side, Web svc consuming is tipically disconnected, while svc
itself could be or not.

Jurjen de Groot

..NET keeps a pool of SQL connections 'alive', this way SQL connections are
re-used and not recreated every time you do a 'cn.open'. for SQL connections
to be 'pooled' they'd have to have to exact same ConnectString.

HTH,
Jurjen.