Sql Connection String Problem

Ather Ali Shaikh

Hi All,

I have an ASP.NET application on my machine, and the sql server database on
another machine.
We just purchase a DSL connection and our hub is now have DSL for internet
connection.
Before installing DSL on the LAN. my application runs fine. But after that I
am unable to connect to the Sql server database via application.
Sql server connection through Enterprise manager is fine.

All the PCs now have fixed IP address declared by DSL modem.
Previously IP address for the machines are dynamically assign by a server.

What should be the problem.

I am using SqlClient for the application.

Regards
Ather Ali Shaikh

Andy Fish

I would suspect a problem with host name resolution - can you ping the
server by name?

(or try putting the IP address in the connect string)

Ather Ali Shaikh

I have tried to use IP address but not successful.
Also ping is working fine.

Regards
Ather Ali Shaikh

JMC

Hi
I have a simular problem.
It could be that the asp.net account does not have networks rights.
That means that you won't be able to access any network resourses including
sqlserver.
What you need to do is to change the user that running your application.
I don't have the correct code availible, but I know this question has been
posted before.
But there's your problem... no rights to the network resources.
Perhaps that will help you alittle?

/Jimmy