    ignored. The ASPNET user has no rights to access the database.

    Thank you,
    Michael
    Michael, Sep 24, 2009

  2. Michael <> wrote in news:81ccb42f-bfba-4a5a-be0d-1e9b7481bf75
    @l31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The MS SQL database I want to connect to uses Windows Authentication.
    > It seems that the username and password in the connection string are
    > ignored. The ASPNET user has no rights to access the database.

    Two things to use windows accounts in this manner:

    1) The user actually has to be logged in as self (ie, you have to set
    authentication to check who they are)

    2) Impersonation has to be set up so the user's identity is forwarded

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    http://www.crazycancertour.com

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Michael

    George Guest

    I wonder if there is a question hidden here....
    All you stated here are correct facts..

    George.

    George, Sep 25, 2009