SQL connection

Brad

I am building my first ASP .Net web app using VB .Net and I am getting the
error:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.

Where in my program do I set the user or what do I need to configure? I was
starting to build a windows app and it works fine there. It is just
whenever I try to do an ASP app I get this message.

Thanks for the information and any help provided.

Brad

Kevin Spencer

ASP.Net runs under a different user account than executables, which
generally run under the Local System account. It sounds like your SQL Server
is configured to use Windows Only authentication, but that may not be the
case. When using a trusted connection, you must have a domain user account
that has the necessary permissions. On the other hand, if your SQL Server is
configured for mixed authentication, you can create a SQL Server account,
give it th3e necessary permissions, and use the User ID and Password in your
Connection String.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Brad

Kevin,

Thank you for the help. With some tweaking, setting up users and then
granting then db_owner access, it is now working.

Brad

Kevin Spencer

You're very welcome, Brad! :)

--