SQL Connectivity problem

Steve

We have a web page that connects to SQL server running under Windows Server 2003 and have a connectivity problem
Connection is made using NT authentication and the normal thick client application has no problem. However, the web page will not connect unless the user is given local administrator privileges (on the machine where IIS and SQL Server are running)
SQL Server and IIS are running on the same machine. Anonymous access is turned off and NT authentication is enebaled and windows impersonation is being used

Any ideas anyone?

Ken Schaefer

What is the error message you are seeing?

What is the connection string you are using? In the connection string, how
are you referring to the SQL Server? If are you using IWA, then an SPN for
the Netbios name of the SQL Server is created in AD when SQL Server is
installed. If you are using an IP Address, or FQDN, you will need to use the
SetSpn.exe tool to create an appropriate Service Principal Name.

But, before we jump the gun, let's have a look at the settings you are
using.

Cheers
Ken

: We have a web page that connects to SQL server running under Windows
Server 2003 and have a connectivity problem.
: Connection is made using NT authentication and the normal thick client
application has no problem. However, the web page will not connect unless
the user is given local administrator privileges (on the machine where IIS
and SQL Server are running).
: SQL Server and IIS are running on the same machine. Anonymous access is
turned off and NT authentication is enebaled and windows impersonation is
being used.
:
: Any ideas anyone?

Steve

The actual error code we are getting is 20055 but that is as much as I can tell you at present
I forgot to mention that I'm actually using ODBC to connect to the database through a COM object. The COM object is an exe server at that : don't ask why its all legacy and currently being updated to ADO.NET but I have to support the current for a while
So I don't actually know what the connection string being used or (at present) how I might find out what the connection string might be

Thank
Steve