    Connection is made using NT authentication and the normal thick client application has no problem. However, the web page will not connect unless the user is given local administrator privileges (on the machine where IIS and SQL Server are running)
    SQL Server and IIS are running on the same machine. Anonymous access is turned off and NT authentication is enebaled and windows impersonation is being used

    Any ideas anyone?
    Steve, May 14, 2004

  2. Steve

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    What is the error message you are seeing?

    What is the connection string you are using? In the connection string, how
    are you referring to the SQL Server? If are you using IWA, then an SPN for
    the Netbios name of the SQL Server is created in AD when SQL Server is
    installed. If you are using an IP Address, or FQDN, you will need to use the
    SetSpn.exe tool to create an appropriate Service Principal Name.

    But, before we jump the gun, let's have a look at the settings you are
    using.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    : We have a web page that connects to SQL server running under Windows
    Server 2003 and have a connectivity problem.
    : Connection is made using NT authentication and the normal thick client
    application has no problem. However, the web page will not connect unless
    the user is given local administrator privileges (on the machine where IIS
    and SQL Server are running).
    : SQL Server and IIS are running on the same machine. Anonymous access is
    turned off and NT authentication is enebaled and windows impersonation is
    being used.
    :
    : Any ideas anyone?
    Ken Schaefer, May 15, 2004

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    The actual error code we are getting is 20055 but that is as much as I can tell you at present
    I forgot to mention that I'm actually using ODBC to connect to the database through a COM object. The COM object is an exe server at that : don't ask why its all legacy and currently being updated to ADO.NET but I have to support the current for a while
    So I don't actually know what the connection string being used or (at present) how I might find out what the connection string might be

    Thank
    Steve
    Steve, May 18, 2004