SQL Dependency Caching: any mods to web.config needed?

Bogdan

Hi,

I find on-line docs a bit confusing when it comes to sql dependency caching.
There is a lot of info on how to configure it for SQL Server 7/2000. The
info is usually followed by statements like "Using a SqlCacheDependency
object with SQL Server 2005 query notification does not require any explicit
configuration" or "This configuration setting has no effect when you use the
sqlCacheDependency element in conjunction with query notifications on SQL
Server 2005."

I understand that for SQL Server 2005 I do not need to run any utilities to
configure it for caching. But, do I need to configure
<caching><sqlCacheDependency> in web.config?

Thanks,
Bogdan