    be an enlightenment.

    Thanks.

    , Dec 5, 2005

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 5 Dec 2005 13:05:56 -0800, ""
    who said :

    >Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
    >We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
    >stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
    >be an enlightenment.

    I did it with a text editor, SlickEdit. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/slickedit.html

    Then wake up isql.exe. then File- load the trigger and execute it.

    You can leave isql.exe running in one window and your editor in
    another.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Larry Coon Guest

    wrote:

    > Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
    > We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
    > stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
    > be an enlightenment.

    For something full-blown (I don't know the price, but I assume it's
    expensive) and probably overkill, Sybase has an Eclipse-based system:

    http://www.sybase.com/eclipse

    I've never used it. I have several hundred Sybase stored procs, some
    of them hundreds of source lines long, and I've always found SQL
    Advantage to be just fine. My only wish is that SQL Advantage worked
    with CVS the way Eclipse does.

    And speaking of Eclipse, Another thing I haven't looked into yet is
    the Eclipse Data Tools project:

    http://www.eclipse.org/datatools/

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    Larry Coon, Dec 5, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
    > We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
    > stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
    > be an enlightenment.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you would like to debug stored procs on Sybase - you need go for a
    commercial product.

    Dbartisan from www.Embarcadero.com is THE product. I do not use it much
    (I'm comfortable with isql) but . . . .

    Sridhar Sathya, Dec 8, 2005