SQL Development tool for Sybase?

richardsosborn

Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
be an enlightenment.

Thanks.

Roedy Green

Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
be an enlightenment.

I did it with a text editor, SlickEdit. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/slickedit.html

Then wake up isql.exe. then File- load the trigger and execute it.

You can leave isql.exe running in one window and your editor in
another.

Larry Coon

Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
be an enlightenment.

For something full-blown (I don't know the price, but I assume it's
expensive) and probably overkill, Sybase has an Eclipse-based system:

http://www.sybase.com/eclipse

I've never used it. I have several hundred Sybase stored procs, some
of them hundreds of source lines long, and I've always found SQL
Advantage to be just fine. My only wish is that SQL Advantage worked
with CVS the way Eclipse does.

And speaking of Eclipse, Another thing I haven't looked into yet is
the Eclipse Data Tools project:

http://www.eclipse.org/datatools/

Larry Coon
University of California

Sridhar Sathya

Forgive me. This hasn't been asked on the group for awhile.
We're looking for a product that helps debug, compile and create
stored procs on Sybase. Hopefully something free, but anything would
be an enlightenment.

Thanks.
If you would like to debug stored procs on Sybase - you need go for a
commercial product.

Dbartisan from www.Embarcadero.com is THE product. I do not use it much
(I'm comfortable with isql) but . . . .