SQL Error

Alex

Hi !

I am using MySQL database for a 3-4 years using the same Perl scripts.
Till 6 months ago I had approx. 500k record updates/day with no problem.
After that, I made some statistical enging, which does few million
records per day. (Changed configuration to huge.cnf also).

Now, from time to time, database connect fails and the error is

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

There is no problem with the file & permissions etc..

Could this be some performance problem rather than DBI & OS related ?

Thx

Tore Aursand

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

What is your Perl question? Your problem has clearly something to do with
MySQL, not Perl.