SQL errors after IIS5 to IIS 6 move

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by M. M. Rafferty, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. Yesterday we moved a site from a shared Win2K box to a customer dedicated
    Win2k3 server. The application is ASP, a huge busy site with MS SQL server
    backend. Since the move, the website log is showing many entries with the
    following error:

    [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen_(Connect()).]SQL_Server_does_not_exist_or_access_denied.

    The connection string used in the client's web application is in the format:

    Conn.Open " Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=xxxx;Persist Security
    Info=True;User ID=yyyy;Initial Catalog=zzzz;Data Source=sql1.digitalwest.net
    "

    From what I can tell from the SQL server, the timing on many of these errors
    is at a point where the SQL server is at high CPU loads. However, this is
    the same SQL server that has been used all along and the logs were not
    showing SQL server connectivity issues prior to the move even when the SQL
    server was under a load.

    Are there any known out of the box differences between Win2K/IIS5 and
    Win2k3/IIS6 that would be effecting the SQL server connectivity? Or what
    settings might I have missed on the Win2K3 box that could be causing this
    difference in behavior?

    Thanks,

    Mary Rafferty
    M. M. Rafferty, Aug 12, 2005