Sql Integrated Authentication and Default user

B N

Hi,

I have SQL Server running on Server "A" and .NET web pages at server "B".

I the ASP.NET page I am trying to use Window Inegrated Authentication. Here
is my connection string
connStr = "workstation id=""BCA218-01"";packet size=4096;integrated
security=SSPI;data source=A;persist security info=False;initial
catalog=Audit"

By default it is trying to authenticate using some default username (which
do not have access in the database). How do I change this default user to
some specific user?

thanks,

Marina Levit [MVP]

In order to do that using integrated security, the process for your
application needs to be running under that user.

Otherwise, you are just looking at the regular username/password scenario,
which means setting up a user in SQL server, and then connecting to it using
that.

B N

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it does makes sense to what you say.
But I do have another ASP. appliction running in same box which can
autenticate with the same database using different user. I didn't make the
working application so I am not sure how was that done.

Here is the error that I am getting
SqlException: Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\TALON$'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.CreateConnection() +402
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest() +151

I don't know why it is tying the user "DOMAIN\TALON$". The IIS is running
under "DOMAIN\IUSR_TALON"

thanks,