SQL integrated authentication when using forms authentication

Brett Smith

I currently I am using integrated windows authentication, (anonymous access
disabled), with impersonation on my asp.net app. I would like to implement
forms authentication against AD, but I have not found a way to then have the
proper AD user authenticated on the SQL server. If I enable anonymous
access and then specify a user that had rights to the SQL server I can make
the calls but I loose any audit trail or SQL server level rights (everyone
appears to be the same user to SQL). If I use SQL authentication on the SQL
server I can send the proper credentials to the server using the information
from the logon form, but I would like to stick with integrated
authentication on the SQL server if I could.