sql membership provider setup

rodchar

hey all,
i just ran aspnet_regsql on my database server. now, will all my
applications use this single database or do i need to run aspnet_regsql for
each new application?

thanks,
rodchar

Hillbilly

Only Membership, Roles and Profiles will use the database once the providers
are configured in web.config --but-- there is nothing preventing you from
using the same database for your own tables and its probably the best thing
to do anyway. I've never heard of anybody being able to use a single
instance of Membership in applications that were not under a single root. I
would also inquire at the asp.net forums which happens to have been crashing
a lot today and may or may not be up at the moment.

rodchar

what if i wanted to use aspnetdb just for membership, roles, and profiles for
all my applications on the web server. And then later i delete some
applications off the web server, how do i cleanup aspnetdb for the
application ids no longer in use?

Hillbilly

You write more code. This stuff doesn't come with a built in housekeeping
staff. AFIK nobody's does for that matter.

rodchar

thanks for the help,
rod.