SQL Parser in Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dr Nic, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    Dr Nic, Jul 24, 2006

  2. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult, but what good would an SQL92 parser be?

    On 7/24/06, Dr Nic <> wrote:

    > Has anyone taken the time to bang together an SQL parser for Ruby?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Nic

    Matt
    Matthew Harris, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    Matthew Harris wrote:
    > I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult, but what good would an SQL92
    > parser be?

    I wanted it for the subset of grammar for create/update/delete
    tables/indexes etc - the stuff that some dbs store in data dictionary
    tables, but MySQL doesn't. If the database generation sql was available,
    then the data dictionary information could be reengineered.

    Cheers
    Nic

    Dr Nic, Jul 25, 2006
  4. I believe that there is a feature in Ruby on Rails, which belongs to
    ActiveRecord, that allows you to export existing DB structure in the
    Ruby upgrade script, which in turn generates SQL.
    May be this will solve Your issue.

    I hope that I have understood your problem correct.

    Dmirty

    Dmitry Buzdin, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    Dmitry Buzdin wrote:
    > I believe that there is a feature in Ruby on Rails, which belongs to
    > ActiveRecord, that allows you to export existing DB structure in the
    > Ruby upgrade script, which in turn generates SQL.
    > May be this will solve Your issue.

    It certainly should do something like that,shouldn't it - given it
    reflectively determines the table schema at runtime.

    I'll go hunt for the code.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    Cheers
    Nic

    Dr Nic, Jul 25, 2006
  6. Dr Nic wrote:
    > Dmitry Buzdin wrote:
    >> I believe that there is a feature in Ruby on Rails, which belongs to
    >> ActiveRecord, that allows you to export existing DB structure in the
    >> Ruby upgrade script, which in turn generates SQL.
    >> May be this will solve Your issue.

    > It certainly should do something like that,shouldn't it - given it
    > reflectively determines the table schema at runtime.
    >
    > I'll go hunt for the code.
    >
    > Thanks for the reminder.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Nic

    Hi,
    im a newbie and want to know if this sql parser in ruby is already out
    there?

    thanks.

    Marjun Pagalan, Jun 6, 2008