SQL Query Causing Inifinate Output

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Philip McCracken, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. When I change the "aplink.withdrawn" to include a new field with a
    similar name "aplinks.pwithdrawn,aplinks.awithdrawn", the output in the
    web page is blank and un-ending. When I test this query against the
    Foxpro database, it works correctly.

    'Good Query
    sql2="SELECT DISTINCT
    aplinks.partyno,attorney.*,aplinks.party_type,aplinks.partyname,aplinks.
    withdrawn FROM attorney,aplinks WHERE attorney.dktno LIKE '%" & case_no
    & "%' AND aplinks.dktno LIKE '%" & case_no & "%' AND
    attorney.attyno=aplinks.attyno ORDER BY aplinks.partyname ASC,
    aplinks.party_type ASC, attorney.principal DESC"

    ' NEW Query
    sql2="SELECT DISTINCT
    aplinks.partyno,attorney.*,aplinks.party_type,aplinks.partyname,aplinks.
    pwithdrawn,aplinks.awithdrawn FROM attorney,aplinks WHERE attorney.dktno

    Philip McCracken, Jun 21, 2004