Sql Reporting Serviced - > ASP.NET ACCESS DENIED!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruce Barker, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Bruce Barker

    Bruce Barker Guest

    if you went to the server and used the browser on the server you would see
    it work. if you accessed you dev box from another it would fail. this is the
    standard no creditials forwarding issue. set a domain account and password
    in the web config.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Fabian von Romberg, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Bruce Barker

    Bruce Barker Guest

    so did not read the error message close. the error message say that asp.net
    does not have access to C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft SQL
    Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\bin" directory.

    check that it exists, and access is granted.

    Bruce Barker, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply. Actually I get the error "access denied"

    Fabian von Romberg, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Could you have cross-posted on more groups? Zowie!

    Anyway, I just saw this error this evening on another app.

    If you access your web app from a browser on the server, then the
    credentials of the accessing user will be used, even if Impersonate is set
    to true. Accessing from the client will respect the impersonation options
    for ASP.Net. I'm sure that there is some secret config setting to change
    this behavior, and perhaps, someday, I'll stumble on it. Until then...

    The account you are logging in to when on the server doesn't have the
    appropriate access. When accessing from the client, it is using a different
    account, one with the appropriate permissions.

    Tell me: do you have anonymous access or Windows Authentication?
    In the web.config file, do you have <Impersonate> set to True? Are you
    providing an account in the tag?

    (I'll guess your answers: Windows auth, Impersonate = True, and you are
    providing an account.) If that is the case, then the account you provided
    in the impersonate tag has the correct permissions, but your login account
    on the server does not.

    --
    --- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
    MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
    representative of my employer.
    I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
    programmer helping programmers.

    Nick Malik [Microsoft], Aug 10, 2005