SQL Reporting Services Security

Just Me

Hey Peeps,

My exisiting scenario is SQL2000 with no reporting services, and we use
Microsoft .NET 2003 and Crystal reports to report. This works reasonably ok.
As the ASP.NET application uses one account to access the database, then the
security for who can see a report is managed by the application, so far so
good.

Now im being tasked with moving all the reporting to SQL2005/Reporting
services which I have not used in anger yet. Playing with it, it would seem
that all the security is handle in the standard way that security is handled
for other objects like tables etc.

Im wondering how I could resolve this issue. Guess its a simply matter of
adding access to those specific accounts to allow access to the reports.

However, it would be really usefull to have a custom provider to accept or
reject access to reports based on a table of entries. Is this possible, or
any other ideas.

I hope I made my self understandable

Many Thanks