    "Zone d'utilisation ginirale"

    I imagine this is some sort of character set issue. Has any resolved
    this sort of thing?
    hagar, Nov 2, 2006

  2. hagar

    Tom Forsmo Guest

    hagar wrote:
    > I am creating a JSP page that queries a database that contain french
    > characters. The query works fine and records are returned with the
    > following request:
    >
    > AND DESIGNATION_FR = "Zone d'utilisation générale"
    >
    > However somewhere between the response to the query and passing the
    > information to the browser the e's with the accents get altered as
    > such:
    >
    > "Zone d'utilisation ginirale"
    >
    > I imagine this is some sort of character set issue. Has any resolved
    > this sort of thing?

    I have experienced some problems with character sets in DBs, not the
    exact same problem, but still. My suggestion is to check that the
    character set is the same in the db config, the table, the connection,
    the application and the web page. If they are not the same you might
    want to try to apply a conversion, for example at the connection. In
    addition you might want to check that the data in the database is of the
    correct character set.

    tom
    Tom Forsmo, Nov 2, 2006