SQL RS Report Parameter multivalue failing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ben, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    NooB: Anyone help with what I could be doing incorrectly here? Trying to
    have a parameter drop down list where a user can select one or more of the
    available values contained in the table to filter out results. Have a
    single table with five values. Keep getting the following error....

    Table name is Name

    Field is NickName

    Parameter name is "Nick", datatype string, prompt "Select NickNames",
    multivalue "on", available values "From Query", dataset points to ODBC SQL
    connection, value field is NickName, Label Field is NickName, default values
    null

    select statement reads: select * from name where (NickName in (@Nick))

    ERROR MESSAGE WHEN PREVIEW: [rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report
    parameter 'Nick' has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the
    report parameter "Nick". Forward dependencies are not valid.

    Any clue?
    Ben, Jun 10, 2007

  2. On Jun 10, 10:54 pm, "Ben" <> wrote:
    > NooB: Anyone help with what I could be doing incorrectly here? Trying to
    > have a parameter drop down list where a user can select one or more of the
    > available values contained in the table to filter out results. Have a
    > single table with five values. Keep getting the following error....
    >
    > Table name is Name
    >
    > Field is NickName
    >
    > Parameter name is "Nick", datatype string, prompt "Select NickNames",
    > multivalue "on", available values "From Query", dataset points to ODBC SQL
    > connection, value field is NickName, Label Field is NickName, default values
    > null
    >
    > select statement reads: select * from name where (NickName in (@Nick))
    >
    > ERROR MESSAGE WHEN PREVIEW: [rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report
    > parameter 'Nick' has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the
    > report parameter "Nick". Forward dependencies are not valid.
    >
    > Any clue?

    Bob, I think you can't use parameter with IN clause. To test, change
    to 'where NickName = @Nick'
    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 11, 2007