SQL select- query analyzer gives results, but it doesn`t work with sqladapter

dada

Hello,

I want to add in my dropdownlist extra item for ex. : at first "Chose"
and than my select. I know that I can add that when ddl is not in
datagrid using :
ddl.Items.Insert(0, "Chose"), but mu ddl is in the datagrid and I
don`t know how to aproach to it.
Another solution is by using SQL

SELECT 'Chose' As Naziv, -1 AS IDPredmeta Union
Select Naziv, IDPredmeta From Predmeti

and when I put this sellect to query analyzer I get results, but when
I give it to sqladapter as selectcommand it gives 0 results.

Thank you for answering