SQL SERVER 2000 or MDE

Guest

I have a Windows XP HOME edition and I want to use the tutorial, but I can't
until I install SQL SERVER 2000. (OR MSDE). It installs correctly, but it
won't let me initialize the data base.

_________________________________________ Mitchell McNurlin ICQ#:235649936
Current ICQ status: SMS: (Send an SMS message to my ICQ): +2783142235649936
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/235649936

Lau Lei Cheong

You can retry and search at whatever search engine for the exact error
message or post it here.

But let's start by checking dumb question: Are you login the SQL with "sa"
account?

I made this guess because this is the only relevent result returned by using
'msde "initialize database" site:microsoft.com' as keyword.

Juan T. Llibre

Actually, that would be with the Cassini web server included with WebMatrix.
That doesn't even come close to being "ASP.NET".

The differences between what WebMatrix runs and ASP.NET are legion.

To start off, the web server only runs locally.
There's also authentication differences which can trip you.

re:
Btw, this is for .NET v1.1 only.

Yes, I know.

WebMatrix implements quite a few WebMatrix-only
classes which have nothing to do with ASP.NET.