>> SQL Server 2005 Database Problem with ASP.Net

Guest

hii all,

im new on ASP.Net and working on a website project now. im using Visual
Studio.Net 2005(c#.net) and SQL Server 2005.

i made a connection to database from Default.aspx, and my connection
string is

myConnection = new SqlConnection("server =(local); uid =sa;
password=bilsekbiz; database=KIMLIK");

its working on my local server.

i have tryied to send my project to internet to try if it is working or
not, i have sent my project files with CuteFTP
but i realized that i dont know where i ll put my databse on internet.

what must i do to be able to make it working on internet ???

Thanks for now....

Guest

its working on my local server.

i have tryied to send my project to internet to try if it is working or
not, i have sent my project files with CuteFTP
but i realized that i dont know where i ll put my databse on internet.

This depends on the way your webhost has configured your account. Have a
look in their support pages which some give you some pointers as to how to
manage your database.

Mark Rae

im new on ASP.Net and working on a website project now. im using Visual
Studio.Net 2005(c#.net) and SQL Server 2005.

i made a connection to database from Default.aspx, and my connection
string is

myConnection = new SqlConnection("server =(local); uid =sa;
password=bilsekbiz; database=KIMLIK");

its working on my local server.

Well, first things first: I can't imagine anyone would be so stupid as to
actually publish their database password on an Internet newsgroup but, if
you have, the first thing you need to do is change it...
i have tryied to send my project to internet to try if it is working or
not, i have sent my project files with CuteFTP
but i realized that i dont know where i ll put my databse on internet.

what must i do to be able to make it working on internet ???

Secondly, when you say "send my project to internet", I presume you mean
that your public site is hosted with a 3rd-party service provider. If so,
then they will need to create the SQL Server database for you, after which
you will need to deploy it. Maybe you can register the live SQL Server in
Enterprise Manager, in which case it should be a simple matter to script
your local copy and create the live one.

Thirdly, you will need to modify your connection string to point at the live
server.