SQL server access from asp.net via ads-group-member

Michael

Hi,

in our intranet we have an active-directory with two groups. one called
reading and the other one writing. we use windows-authentication to
know who is comming in. we get the REMOTE_USER-Name, lookup ads and get
the real name and the group the user is in.
up to now we choose which connection string and user to sql-server to
use (read or write) because of the group name from ads.

so far so good, but we want to know who is currently using the
database. we only get our two different read or write-connections but
no specific user.

how do we see who is currently working on the database? it won't make
sense to put all user into sql-server and use a connection for each
user?
any help would be greatful.

Michael

Joe Kaplan

You could just use a trusted connection type of connection string, along
with impersonation, and use Windows security in SQL directly.

However, to get this working, you'll likely need to get Kerberos delegation
working as well.

Joe K.