SQL Server connection Pool error in Debug

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSg==?=, Apr 23, 2007.

  1. In my ASP.net application I am getting the following error...

    "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
    from the pool. This may have occured because all pooled connections were in
    use and max pool site was reached".

    This only happens when I am in debug mode. If I run SP_Who in Sql Server I
    do not see many open connections. This also NEVER shows up if I run the web
    application from the browser.

    I cannot get this to occur if I run line by line in debug mode. I must let
    it go without stopping. I cannot narrow down the location in debug either,
    because it is not consitant.

    I have tried increasing the timeout but that doesn't help. It just hangs
    until the timeout has expired.

    Searching the internet I have found others with this problem but cannot find
    a solution.

    --
    Jerry J

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSg==?=, Apr 23, 2007

  2. My guess: The timeout is happening in the SQL debugger itself.

    Solution:

    Right click the solution and choose Properties
    Click Debug (or Debugging) under Configuration Properties

    If VB.NET
    Find Enabled Debuggers and clear the SQL Server Debugging checkbox

    If C#
    Find Debuggers and Change Enable SQL Debugging to false

    These dialogs were designed by the language teams.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 23, 2007