"SQL Server does not exist or access denied" on a App Center node

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christophe Niel, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Hi

    As stated in Q315159, I have a problem to access a SQL server, but, I don't
    have the same cause :
    I use Application Center so I had to I use a domain account as the Asp.net
    worker process in order to have the right NTFS permission on the replicated
    files of the application (otherwise I have unknown account as ASPNET does
    not have the same SID on the 2 server)
    I already had the "Network Library =dbmssocn" option in the connect string
    I use impersonation.

    Well, I don't have the causes described in Q315159, but I have the symptoms.
    And I have it on only one of the cluster node. It works fine on one of the
    node everytime I'm connected to it and doesn't on the other node.

    I trie do code a small in-line aspx page wich connect to the database using
    the same connect string and it worked on both server. But when I use any
    aspx pages that try to connect to the server using the code-behind I have
    the SQL exception.

    Where can it come from?
    (What I don't understand is that the 2 nodes have exactly the same
    application files and it doesn't work.)

    Thanks in advance.

    Christophe Niel, Jan 13, 2004