SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2xhcHJhZGU=?=, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. I am developing an application with dotnet using ASPX web pages to access SQL
    2000 db on Win2003 server. Just before starting this project, I upgraded my
    dotnet development application from 2000 to 2003 and asp.net from 1.0 to 1.1.

    I have the simplest of all apps - a web page with a datagrid and one command

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Me.SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(Me.DataSet11)
    End Sub

    I have copied the connection strings and commandtext etc to a 2000 dot net
    environment and the datagrid dsiplays the contents of the designated table.
    In the 2003 environment I the the Server does not exist

    I can view the tables contents from the server tab. I then drag and dropped
    the connection onto webform1.aspx. press the F5 - same response

    Uninstalled enterprize architect thinking I might have installed in the
    wrong order with respect to ASP1.1. Reinstalled enterprize architect - press
    F5 - same response

    No problem with access from query analyzer / excel / and provious versions
    of dot net

    Anyone have some good ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xhcHJhZGU=?=, Jul 13, 2005