SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

Are you using named instances of SQL Server?
First check whether u r able to connect to SQL Server to
SQL Enterpraise manager

HTH
Ravikanth

Fiona Wallace

Thanks for reply. I am able to connect to this sql server
by many others means (query analyzer, enterprise mgr and
also the same .net app when running from production
server). It's only when I run it from LOCAL iis it doesn't
work.
If by "named instance" you mean using the actual name as
opposed to IP address? then yes, I'm using the actual name
of the server.