'SQL Server does not exist or access denied'

Graham Hurst

Hi all,

A very frustrating problems - searches on the net haven't
found much of relevance.

I have two SQL databases - a TEST and a LIVE. My asp.net
application, with C# codebehind, uses the SqlConnection
class to connect.

When I connect to my LIVE database, everything works fine.
But when I try to connection to the TEST database I get
the following error message:

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

I can connect to the datasource using the same connection
string and methods in a Windows Forms Application...

Please can anyone help?
Thanks
Chris

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

What is the connstring. If you are not using (local) or localhost, you do
not have the correct string on one or the other.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

There is no problem with the connect string as far as I
can see - I use the same for both my ASP.net application
and also a Windows Forms application.

Adil Bohoudi

Hi Graham,

Check if the user, specified in the connections string in your web.config,
enought rights has to acces your LIVE database!!!

Kind Regards,
Adil